Saturday, January 19, 2008

A face lift!

So, you can see that the blog has had a face lift. Sprucing up. We all need it sometimes. And it was time for this blog to have one.

It is amazing to me how just a few changes on the outside can make such a big difference on how we feel on the inside. At the start of a new year many of us make plans to spruce up the outside to reflect the change that we hope will take place on the inside. That's backward, you know. I truly believe that only when there is an internal shift are there ever truly changes made that will be visible for people to see.

Holding onto worry....let go and people will see the peace of your spirit. What about regret...let go and freedom will be heard in your laughter. Insecurities, too? Leave them at the feet of Jesus and be ready to be amazed by the power of his Holy Spirit in your life. A quiet confidence will take over and you will truly never be the same. Mourning and sorrowful on the inside...He will turn them into dancing and joy if you only let Him.

So this year instead of making resolutions about changes to the outside of me, I believe that I will be working on the inside of me. Once that takes place, everything else will just fall into place.

Blessings!
Joy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your page looks great. I know what you mean about changing your inside. I am in the process of letting a lot of things go. It has been a difficult journey, but the Lord has been faithful. When I feel like giving up or that I will never get there, He just keeps cheering me on. Thanks for sharing.

izitjo said...

I love it! The colour is so rich and the fucia flowers so stricking.

I didn't get a chance to mention this last time cause we were on about other things but the first you have in your header has always been very meaningful to me. The space God allows is not a concept often taught in church's. It was very liberating place for Him to bring me to. It seems to be the same for you!! :)

izitjo said...

Hmm, that "first" was supposed to be "verse", don't know what happened there!! :p